Contract Management is the management of contracts made with customers, vendors, partners, or employees. This service includes negotiating the terms and conditions in contracts and ensuring compliance with the terms and conditions, as well as documenting and agreeing on any changes or amendments that may arise during its implementation or execution.
Project Contract Management functions would typically involve:
- Contract, technical, commercial and functional direction related to all aspects of contracting, including assistance with the administration of the vendor selection, contract award, contract administration, terms and conditions, claims and variations management.
- Provides/approves fit-for-purpose standard contract and order templates.
- Support in the contracts management to the Controls Manager and the Project Manager.
- Ensures compliance with good corporate governance requirements.
- Involved in commercial negotiations (where applicable) of agreements and contracts involving the procurement of services. Sign-off needs to be done by the authorised levels – or nominated signatories once a contract / order needs to be signed.
- Professional and Competent Personnel
- QS related functions to ensure integrity of deliverables to work pack level and sound cost control of control accounts.
- Obtaining the required Performance Guarantees as well as other security documents as specified in the
- Conditions of Contract. This includes safekeeping and registering of original documents, maintenance of documents according to validity dates and return of originals to the contractors at the specified time of release.
- Facilitating the progress payment process in-line with the Contract’s provisions with regards to retention, advance payments, etc.
- Facilitation of the receipt, management/mitigation and resolution of Contractor’s claims.
- Compiling and issuing Contract Amendments as-and-when required.
- Agreeing Final Accounts.
Professional & Competent Personnel
Our contract management personnel have a legal qualification and are trained in FIDIC, NEC and/or GCC . We provide ongoing training to all of our consultants and we believe in upskilling them in all disciplines of contract management and the integration into project management.