Microsoft Project Advanced
The Microsoft Project Advanced course teaches individuals how to use the Microsoft® Project 2013 software at an advanced level. The course is accredited with Consulting Engineers South Africa (CESA): CESA-229-02/2014
To find out more about this course, select from the following categories of information as outlined below:
This course aims to give delegates a working knowledge of the software at an Advanced Level by working with templates, managing multiple projects, sharing resources across projects, balancing workloads, Earned Value analysis, Critical Path analysis, and working with groups and tables as well as Macros.
Delegates attend 2 class-based sessions over 2 consecutive days. The Microsoft® Project 2013 Advanced course is trainer-based, and includes practical in-class work on Microsoft® Project 2013 software.
The course includes exercises to ensure that all delegates are familiar with Microsoft® Project 2013 at an Advanced Level. The course is interactive and the trainer will answer questions and assist with all problem-solving during the course.
Each attendee will receive a Microsoft® Project 2013 Advanced Manual and the course covers most of the material therein.
The topics covered in this course are as follows:
- A brief overview of the course.
- Working with Project Templates.
- Microsoft® Project 2013 Basics.
- Sharing Resources across Projects:
- Creating a Resource Pool
- Connecting a Project to a Resource Pool
- Opening and detaching shared Resources
- Balancing Workloads:
- Finding Resource over- and under-allocation
- Adjusting assignments to correct allocations
- Levelling assignments
- Managing Multiple Projects.
- Earned Value Analysis.
- Critical Path Analysis.
- General Topics:
- WBS Codes
- Displaying Data in Visio
- Customising the Ribbon
Who should attend this course?
- Project Planners
- Project Controllers
- Project Schedulers
Or any individuals with a basis of Microsoft® Project 2013 Introduction Course.
- Course manual with all the course notes and exercises.
- A Certificate of Attendance.
- ProjectLink has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI). This course carries 12PDU’s for PMI® certification holders.
2 full days (08:30 to 16:30)