Project Management Policies and Procedures
Project Management Policies & Procedures are guidelines which defines the processes and methods followed by any project team to manage projects. This guideline standardizes all projects across the company/business unit and ensures that projects are managed in the same way.
It also ensures that all projects have a similar administrative structure and organizes project documentation and deliverables in such a way that it can be easily found and managed. Projects can, over time, generate a substantial number of documents. Good project management practice dictates that these documents must be stored in such a way that it can be retrieved without much effort.
This Packaged Solution is organized in two sections i.e., Policies and Procedures. The Policies section of the guideline defines “what” must be done, the Procedures section defines “how” it must be done.
- Need and reason
- How the Policies and Procedures are Implemented
- Benefit Measurement
Need & reason
A policy is a guiding principle used to set direction in an organization and to ensure a consistent approach to managing projects. The policy is always supported by procedures.
A procedure is a series of steps to be followed as a consistent and repetitive approach to accomplish an end result. Together Policies and Procedures are used to empower a process with the direction and consistency necessary for successful process execution and improvement.
How the Policies and Procedures are Implemented
Two options are available for implementing this Packaged Solution:
- Customize/Revise/Optimize current Project Management Policies and Procedures; or
- Develop a completed new set of Project Management Policies and Procedures to fit your company needs.
A complete assessment is done on current Policies and Procedures where a decision is then made if the Policies and Procedures will be optimized or if a complete new set of Policies and Procedures will be developed. The documents are developed in conjunction with the Project Team and tailor made for your specific needs.
Benefit Measurement of Project Management Policies and Procedures
- Better efficiency of delivering projects.
- Improved Customer Satisfaction.
- Increased Quality.
The deliverables from the Packaged Solution are as follows:
- Customized Project Management Policy
- Project Management Procedures which may include but not limited to:
- Project Management Integration
- Project Authority Manual
- Project Scope Management
- Work Breakdown Structure Development Procedure
- Project Schedule Management
- Business Case Development
- Project Estimating
- Project Cost Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Change Management
- Project Procurement and Commercial (Contract) Management
- Engineering Management
- Contractor Management
- Construction Management
- Operational Readiness Planning
- Commissioning Planning
- Project Close-Out
- Project Communications and Stakeholder Management
- Value Improving Practices Procedure
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Industrial Relations Management
- Safety Management
- Project Quality Management
Project Document Management