Project Risk Management
The Project Risk Management course gives delegates a thorough overview of project risk management best practices and teaches hands-on project risk management processes and understanding. The course is not industry specific and can be applied in any project environment.
To find out more about this course, select from the following categories of information as outlined below:
Project managers and team members skilled in coping with project risks using proven processes achieve project success. Successful project managers know how to proactively Plan, Identify, Qualify, Quantify and Plan Risk Responses to known and unknown project risks in a timely and cost effective manner.
The ultimate goal for the project team is to reduce and control the likelihood of threats and enhance opportunities.
Students will learn about the 6 Risk management Processes as set out in the- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) – Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2013. Learn to manage project risks, and gain the advantage that good solid project risk management brings resulting in more successful projects.
Delegates attend 3 class-based sessions over 3 days. Project risk management is a theory and exercise based course. This course consists of six exercises after some theory has been presented.
- Why do projects fail?
- Define project risk management
- Exercise 1
- Video (Exercise 2)
- Explain the role of project risk management in project management
- Discuss good risk management practice
- Discuss critical success factors for risk management
- Contrast individual risks with overall project risk
- Discuss stakeholder attitudes
- Explain what is meant by risk management being considered to be an iterative process
- Discuss how risk management is communicated
- Motivate who is responsible for risk management
- Discuss the project manager’s role for project risk management
- Name the project risk management processes
- Explain the process of “Plan Risk Management”
- Explain the process of “Identify Risks”
- Exercise 3
- Explain the process of “Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis”
- Exercise 4
- Explain the process of “Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis”
- Exercise 5 ( Decision Tree)
- Explain the process of “Plan Risk Responses”
- Exercise 6
- Explain the process of “Monitor and Control Risks”
- Define key risk related terms
Who should attend this course?
- Are experienced project managers
- Certified project/program managers wanting to broaden their knowledge in project risk management
- Certified project/program managers adhering to PMI® Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) Program by earning PDU’s.
- Team leaders and subject matter experts on projects.
- Members wanting to know more about project risk management.
Training Quality Assurance
ProjectLink has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Course file with all the course presentations and exercises.
- Certificate of Attendance.
- Earn 21 Professional Development Units (PDUs) for maintaining a PMI certification.
3 full days
Project Risk Management
PMP, PMBOK, and the Registered Education Provider Logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.