A Document Controller controls the flow of all technical, administrative, vendor, and commercial documentation and drawings between the project team and relevant stakeholders.
Maintain a Master Record Index.
Other related document control functions will include.
- Develop Document Management Plan;
- Align Document Files with MRI/DMS (Coding and naming convention and versions);
- Develop Project File Structure;
- List Project Document Types;
- Define Basis of Access per Document Type;
- Create Documents on Authorized Demands;
- Establish Workflow Requirements;
- Perform Document Control to include all project-related documents and drawings;
- Manage Repository;
- Establish Document Closure per Document Type;
- Close Out Archive;
- Capture Lessons Learned;
- File and issue new revisions for build to the contractor;
- Maintain a transmittal register;
- Issue all drawings with transmittal notes;
- Project-related documentation.