A Contracts Manager, manages the contracts made with customers, vendors, partners, or employees. This service includes negotiating the terms and conditions in contracts and ensuring compliance with the terms and conditions, as well as documenting and agreeing on any changes or amendments that may arise during its implementation or execution
From a contract placement perspective, the service will include the following:
- Compilation of enquiry packs according to the client standard. For technical packages, the engineering consultant will provide the technical portion of the scope. For non-technical package the service provider will provide the scope;
- Drafting of memorandums to issue enquiries. Obtain the relevant signatures on these memorandums;
- Coordinate the compilation of and approval of the evaluation matrix prior to tender submission;
- Coordinate and manage tender clarifications and clarification meetings;
- Document and record all correspondence and interaction with vendors during the tender evaluation process;
- Compile final tender evaluation and adjudication recommendation (TEAR) documents once tender evaluation process has been concluded. All re-measurable contracts are excluded; and
- Compile recommendation to award memorandum and obtain relevant approvals to award contract.
From a contract management perspective, the service will include the following:
- Ensure that contracts are signed, and the contract program is agreed in line with the client timeframes.
- Ensure that progress is measured, and that the supplier is notified in terms of the contract if any deviations from the contracted document is noted.
- Track and act on possible delays or concerns raised by the supplier or other stakeholders;
- Ensure that all contract documents are always up to date. This includes programs, minutes, letters, vendor documents, progress reports, cash flow reports, etc.
- Verification of payment certificates, except for re-measurable contracts will be the responsibility of others;
- Facilitate contract modification if required, except for re-measurable contracts will be the responsibility of others;
- Ensure that invoices are signed in line with the approved project governance framework;
- Use other project resources, such as planner’s, quality personnel, engineering, etc. to ensure that contract scope is delivered as described in the contract;
- Facilitate proper contract close out once the work has been completed;
- Manage submissions of all claims and validate according to contract performance and conditions. Ensure all project team members construct their information to support the avoidance of claims.